Sunday, December 19, 2010

"The Last Song" Movie Review

Okay...I know what your thinking.  "Why in the world would a guy watch a movie with Miley Cyrus in it?"  And I totally agree with you.  It's almost as bad as a grown, adult woman watching the Twilight movies.  But for the sake of this movie review lets just pretend I like Miley Cyrus...but I don't.  Anyway Chantel and I sat down to watch this movie one night a few weeks back and I was surprised that the movie was actually worth watching.  Miley Cyrus' character "Ronnie" is a girl that got in trouble with the law and her parents are divorced so to get her out of the scene for a while her mom sends her and her brother, Jonah, to their fathers house for the summer.  Immediately upon arrival Ronnie gets in with the wrong crowd by becoming friends with a local girl that is nothing but trouble.  Ronnie goes and hangs out with her friend and her friends boyfriend (confusing I know) but he makes a move on Ronnie but that makes Ronnie mad and she leaves.  But her friend saw this happen and it made her mad so when she runs into Ronnie in a local store she slips something in Ronnie's purse and she immediately gets caught and they think she stole it which she really didn't.  But in the mean time of all this happening Ronnie meets a boy.  I know thats always where the trouble lies right?  But this guys doesn't seem so bad until Ronnie finds out that he is really the son of a very wealthy family and that his family doesn't really approve of him dating a girl like Ronnie.  In the middle Ronnie and her family having the time of their life, along with Ronnie's boyfriend Will, Ronnie's father passes out and is rushed to the hospital where the discover some awful and heartbreaking news.  But I'm not telling you what that is because that would ruin the movie.  Needless to say this movie was great and I would watch it over again and I strongly recommend that you see it yourself.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the movie!

1 comment: