Friday, December 10, 2010

"Dinner For Schmucks" Movie Review

Last night Chantel had a church event to attend so I stayed home with Aspen.  I got bored after she got tired of playing with me so I decided to find a movie for Chantel and I to watch in bed that night.  I chose this movie thinking anything with Steve Carell would be funny and played Xbox until Chantel got home.  When we finally made it to bed we started watching the movie.  "Dinner for Schmucks."  A man named Tim, played by Paul Rudd, is a business man trying to make his way to the 7th floor where all the other big shots are.  He gets his chance when one of the guys gets fired and seizes the opportunity to try to take that position.  In a meeting he presents an idea that gets the bosses attention but Tim is soon let down because the boss lets another guy head up that idea.  As Tim is leaving his boss, Fender, calls him in an office.  Its the office of the guy that was fired that morning.  The boss and a few co-workers tell him how good this office is for him and just when he thinks the job is his he finds out the has been invited to a dinner.  The dinner has two purposes: 1. so the boss can get to know Tim a little better and 2. each person invited has to bring an idiot with him so they can make fun of the idiot.  Tim agrees to the dinner but when he tells his girl friend about it but she is less than pleased.  The following morning Tim is headed to work and he hits some guy with his Porsche.  Who is this guy?  None other than Barry, played by Steve Carell.  Barry is a mouse taxidermist and works for the IRS.  Since meeting Barry and inviting him to dinner Tim's life has gone crazy, all thanks to Barry.  This movie is hilarious and I recommend it because it gave me lots of laughs and I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and everybody needs some times like that.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yes this movie is very funny. There is nothing special in it but only crazy elements because of which I managed to watch till the ending.
    Dinner For Schmucks

    ReplyDelete