Monday, November 1, 2010

The Sexually Immoral

I know I'm probably not the one to be preaching about this but I feel that from my past experiences I am able to relate to people and the decisions they are trying to make.  More importantly I feel I can relate to teenagers who feel they are "ready to take their relationship to that level."  Personally I think this is the most stupid thing that any teenager can do and for one main reason:  The Bible clearly states that you cannot let a hit of sexually immorality exist in your life (Ephesians 5) and one of the Ten Commandments is "You Shall Not Commit Adultery."  While most people think this only applies to married couples it can also be applied to people that are still participating in dating relationships.  Basically You cannot have a sexual relationship with a person who is not your spouse.  So teens that even means you cannot have a sexual relationship with someone that you think you will marry someday.  If you ever find yourself in this position whether you are a teen or an adult ask your self this question "If I could travel to the future and se who my future spouse is going to be then would I want them to have been sexually active with anyone besides me?"  Most of you would say no I don't want them to be with anyone but me but what you have to realize is this applies to you too.  It doesn't mean they have to be sexually pure for you but you can go out and have sex with whoever you want whenever you want.  Your body is a temple and sanctuary that is for your spouse and you to enjoy when you are married and not until then.  If you are sexually active early in life there are many different effects it can have on you like pregnancy, STDs, and traumatic emotional damage.  So I have said all of that to say this, if you feel you think it is time to be sexually active I ask you to please take time to pray and speak with your Pastor or Youth Pastor and maybe even a Christian counselor and get the advice and guidance you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment